Beginning February 1, 2022, residents will be charged a flat fee of $50.00 for a Bulky waste curbside collection. Bulky waste (furniture, appliances and anything that won't fit in your trunk) pick up is offered to residents on Tuesdays in March, April, May, October and November for residential households by appointment only. We strongly recommend calling 3 weeks in advance to schedule an appointment.
Collection must be scheduled through the Public Works Office by calling 203-389-3420, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. Please provide your name, address, contact phone number and a description of the items scheduled for pick up. Each household may schedule one pick up per calendar year to allow fairness for this service to all residents.
If you would like to make an online credit/debit card payment please let the Public Works staff know and they will forward you the link to your email address.
Acceptable Items Include
- Dryers, Washing Machines
- Furniture Items (couch, end tables, bookcase)
- Large Area Rugs
- Lawn Mowers (gasoline and oil removed)
- Outside Lawn Furniture
- Tires (must be off rims)
- Air Conditioners, Dehumidifiers, Freezer, Refrigerator
Unacceptable Items for Pick Up
- Car/Boat Parts
- Demolition/Construction Debris
- Outside Yard Waste
- Recycles or anything that can be taken to the Transfer Station on a regular recycle basis
- Small Toys/Small Appliances (items that fit in the trunk of a car)
- Any hazardous materials or chemicals