Household Hazardous Waste Program

What To Do With Hazardous Waste

The Town of Woodbridge participates in the HazWaste Central Program with other member towns through the Regional Water Authority. The Regional Water Authority (RWA) is located at 90 Sargent Drive, New Haven, CT. The facility is open for residential drop-off from mid-May though the last Saturday of October. Residential collections are accepted on Saturdays only from 9 a.m. until Noon. Some of the acceptable materials are: Kitchen and bathroom aerosols, floor care products, furniture polish, oven cleaners, garage and workshop chemicals such as antifreeze, brake fluids, paints, garden and miscellaneous items such as moth balls, insecticides, and herbicides. For a complete listing of hazardous materials, you may contact customer service at RWA HazWaste Central at 203-401-2712 or their website at Household Hazardous Waste. Please download the Household Hazardous Waste User Form (PDF) to save time before going!

Woodbridge also participates in two "HomeTown Days" at the Regional Water Authority HazWaste Program in New Haven. Volunteers are always needed to assist with traffic flow and handouts. Anyone interested in volunteering should contact the Woodbridge Public Works Office at 203-389-3420 for the specific dates and more information. This is a great opportunity for community service projects. At no time does a volunteer come in contact with any chemical and/or hazardous waste.

The Household Hazardous Waste Program located at 90 Sargent Drive, New Haven, CT is open from May to October, Saturdays only.

Access a brief description of some household hazardous waste chemicals (PDF).