All classes will be modified to your fitness level/ability. Not sure if a class is right for you? Try a complimentary class first. Call The Center (203-389-3430) or email ( email@example.com ) for more information or to register.
- Aerobics Class: Offered Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10-11:00 am, in the Center Building gym. Come enjoy a complete aerobic, cardio and strength training workout to a variety of music with Laura Richling leading the class. Bring your own 1 or 2 pound hand weights, if you have them, to use during the class. There is a $3.00 fee paid at the beginning of each class.
- Pickleball: Courts are available Monday through Friday, 12:30-3:30 pm in the Center Building gym and 7 days per week outside, weather permitting. All levels are welcome. There is an annual fee of $20 for residents, $25.00 for non-residents payable at the beginning of each calendar year or upon registering. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Call The Center (203-389-3430) or email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) for more information or to register.
- Book Club: 4th Tuesday of each month, 11 am - 12 pm, in The Woodbridge Town Library meeting room or on Zoom. New members are always welcome. Contact Jennifer Sullivan (203-389-3487) for more information or if you are interested in attending.
- Bridge: Wednesdays, 1-4 pm in The Library Meeting Room
- Computer Lab: Monday through Friday, 10 am - 2 pm, Center Building, room 11. Computers are available for two hour use per day/person. Two person limit in computer lab. Printing is available (first 5 pages free)/ Preregistration is required.
- Craft Group: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 am - 12 pm in The Woodbridge Room. Bring your current knitting or crocheting project to work on while enjoying a lovely time socializing.
- Mahjong: Mondays and Fridays, 10 am - 12 pm, in Human Services, second floor. Preregistration is required.
- Painting for Pleasure with Carole Abbate: Mondays,10 am - 12 pm, in The Library Meeting Room. You will find joy in creating your own paintings as Carole helps inspire beginners to intermediates to paint with acrylics or watercolors. Paint the subject of your choice- bring in a postcard or photo for inspiration. Call (203-389-3430) to sign- up for this 6 week, $36 class, prorated as needed. Next session starts Jan. 9
- Pinochle: Wednesdays and Thursdays, 1:30-4 pm, in the Center Building, room 16. Beginners are welcome! @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Mindfulness 4-week Session:Learn how to use mindfulness to help relieve stress, lower blood pressure, reduce chronic pain, improve sleep and health with Dr. Jennifer Botwick of the New Haven Naturopathic Center. It will meet on Tuesdays, beginning Jan. 10 from 6-6:50 pm in The Library Meeting Room. No Fee. Please call to register.
- Sock Snowmen Craft: Hamden Rehabilitation and Health Care Center once again provides everything you need, including all supplies and instruction, to create a fun craft — this time adorable Sock Snowmen. This workshop will take place on Jan. 19 from 11 am -12pm in The Library Meeting Room. Please call to register.
- Valentine's Day Card Craft: Create a Button Valentine's Day card to give to a friend or loved one. All supplies will be provided by Hamden Rehabilitation and Health Care Center. This program will meet on Feb.14 from 11-12 pm in the Library Meeting Room. Please RSVP. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Tech Tuesdays and Thursday, 2:45-4:00 pm: Need some help navigating your computer, laptop, tablet, or smart phone? Not sure where to start? Want to learn about the features you aren't using? Call 203-389-3430 to sign-up for a 1:1 session in The Center's computer lab with patient, knowledgeable, Amity High School student volunteers. No Fee.
- AARP Smart Driver Class: This course teaches proven driving techniques to keep you and your loved ones safe on the road. Plus it may provide a multi-year discount on your auto insurance. Program will take place on March 8 from 9-1 pm in the Library Meeting Room. The fee is $20 for members and $25 for non-members. Please RSVP.
- Lunch and Learn: New Year, New Joints! Kyle Branday, MSPT, of Amity Physical Therapy will cover how to prepare for knee or hip replacement surgery to shorten recovery time and mitigate complications, as well as provide instructions for how to get the most out of your replaced joint if you have had a replacement surgery. This will take place on Jan. 25 from 11:30-12:30pm in the Library Meeting Room. Please RVSP. Lunch will be sponsored by Coachman Square at Woodbridge.
- Lunch and Learn: Problem at the Pump: How atrial fibrillation and congestive heart failure compromise the heart's ability to pump, and what we can do to fix it. Atrial fibrillation and CHF are two common cardiac conditions which become more prevalent as we age. But what are they, why do they occur, and how are they diagnosed and treated? Join Becket Greten-Harrison, cardiology PA and founder of Hearts at Home for a special presentation for National Heart Awareness Month to learn about these chronic heart conditions and what you can do to manage them on Feb. 24 from 11:30-12:30 in the Library Meeting Room. Please RSVP. Lunch will be provided. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>