General Broadcast Schedule
Programming can change at the last minute, depending on length of meetings and what's available. The latest, detailed schedule can be found on here.
Our regular schedule runs roughly:
- Monday: Usually the most recent Woodbridge Board of Ed meeting or *Amity Board of Ed meeting starts at midnight, 6am & 6pm. Sometimes the most recent Human Services, Recreation Commission, or Government Access TV Commission meeting is scheduled. Other science, art, educational programs from **federal agencies or other access channels.
- Tuesday: Land Use: most recent Inland Wetlands Agency, Conservation Commission, CUPOP, Town Plan & Zoning or Zoning Board of Appeals meeting at midnight, 6am & 6pm. In 2021, this may include Housing Opportunity Study Committee Study Committee meetings or CT Siting Council hearings. Other programs from elsewhere with an environmental/energy slant.
- Wednesday: Most recent Board of Selectman meeting at midnight, 6am & 6pm; Police, Fire, or other commission meetings, if available. In 2021, any virtual meetings of BOS subcommittees might be replayed here.
- Thursday: Most recent Board of Finance or Economic Development Commission meeting at midnight, 6am & 6pm. During budget season, the most recent budget presentations also take a turn up front. Sometimes we find programs from other access channels about personal finances.
- Friday: The weekend schedule will begin on Fridays, with the most recent meetings of the past week beginning at midnight, 6am & 6pm, as they become available.
- Saturday / Sunday: We put the most recent meetings of the week on at noon on Saturday, at 6am and 6pm on Sundays, with a chronological review of other meetings around the new programs. If meetings are very long, these start times may change.
A live meeting often preempts the regular schedule 5pm and after. That's why we have this blog. Sometimes a day or a program is so special, we wander away from this general routine.
*Amity programming, including the most recent Board of Ed meeting, would be shown on channel 78, the Educational Access channel for Woodbridge and Orange if the channel were working. Those meetings are also available on demand on another YouTube channel.
**In addition to local programs, we put on programs from federal agencies, like NASA, CDC, FTC, and the Census Bureau. We are able to borrow other programs of general interest--usually about environment or health--from other access stations. Short pieces appear in a loop with public service announcements (PSAs) between longer programs.
At this time, live carriage of meetings is only possible from the Town Hall main meeting room.
Requests for Recording
We have procedures for requesting that an event be recorded and for requesting copies of past programs, subject to approval by the commission and to the limits of our resources. Woodbridge residents with questions are welcome to contact the coordinator by email (with "WGATV" or "79" in the subject line).