The Woodbridge Police Department is once again reminding residents to report suspicious activity and to secure their vehicles following the recent theft of a vehicle, along with several thefts of items from vehicles, all which have occurred during the overnight hours.
Over the past several months and as recent as this past weekend, residents have reported thefts from their vehicles, all of which had been left unlocked. Typically, these thefts are spread throughout the town, but over the past few weeks the thefts have occurred mostly in the areas of Amity Road, Pease Road, Lisa Lane and Ledge Road. Similar incidents have been reported in surrounding towns as well.
The following advice is being given to residents:
- Lock your vehicles, homes, and garages.
- Do not leave valuables in your vehicles - move them out of plain view or secure them in the trunk.
- Do not leave spare vehicle keys in your vehicle.
- Enable any security features your vehicle may have i.e. security systems, vehicle tracking.
- Immediately report any suspicious activity, persons, or vehicles to this Department.
Police are working together with other local law enforcement agencies that are also experiencing similar incidents.