Center Building Room Rental Information
Regulations & Procedures for Use & Rental of Town Buildings
- The presence of one building attendant, designated by the Town Administration is required
- No kitchen equipment may be used without express permission of the Senior Center Staff. It shall be the discretion of the Senior Center Staff as to the need for a member of such staff to be present during use of any kitchen equipment.
- The pubic address system is to be set-up only by the building attendant
- If, in the judgment of the Board of Selectmen, police or other services are required, the organization using the facilities must provide them and pay for them
- All rental fees are to be paid prior to the event and checks are to made payable to the "Town of Woodbridge" and are due 3 days prior to the rental date
- Fees for special attendant services are to be paid within 5 working days after the event, and checks are to be made payable to the "Town of Woodbridge"
- Sponsoring organizations are responsible for the conduct of all persons in attendance and for any property damage done. Sponsoring organizations will be required to have a public liability and property insurance policy. A certificate shall be provided to the Board of Selectmen prior to the event. Insurance coverage required: $30,000 per person, 500-000-each occurrence; and $25,000 property damage, or $500,000 single limit.
- No organizations shall use the facility after midnight
- The consumption and sale of alcohol on public property is forbidden by Ordinance. Any group wishing to serve or sell any degree of alcohol beverage on public property, including the facility, grounds, roadways, sidewalks, parks, or any other property that may be under the aegis of the Town of Woodbridge must obtain a permit from the Woodbridge Chief of Police.
- Smoking is prohibited within the building
- There is to be no gambling on public property except by permit which complies with all State of Connecticut Regulations for such activities signed by the Chief of Police
- Commercial renters will be required to have a public liability, property, and workers compensation insurance policy in place. A certificate shall be provided to the Board of Selectmen prior to the event.
- The Center shall be open Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. All other times shall be considered overtime. Overtime will be based on time and one half for Saturday and double time for Sunday, of the going rate of custodial fees as se by the Board of Selectmen in said given year.
- All rental information and applications are available in the Recreation Department Office. An agreement for use or rental must be signed by a responsible officer of the organization. Call Recreation Dept. Office at 203-389-3446, or email firstname.lastname@example.org